Revision Date: 01/25/2023
1. PRODUCT AND COMPANY IDENTIFICATION
Product Name: Uranyl Perchlorate Hexa-Hydrate
Synonyms: Uranyl Perchlorate, Hydrated, Reagent; OM,RA No UraniumIV Oxyperchlorate
CAS RN: [13093-00-0]
3495 N. Dixie Hwy. Unit # 8
Boca Raton, FL 33431
Tel: 561-826-0061 Fax: 561-892-8450
Emergency Telephone Numbers
USA & Canada contact number: 1-800-535-5053
International contact number: 1-352-323-3500
2. REGISTRY NUMBERS, INVENTORY & PROPERTIES
- Formula: UO2 (ClO4)2.6H2O
- Formula Weight: 577.08
- CAS #: 13093-00-0
- Physical Data: Very soluble in water
- Appearance & Odor: Bright yellow crystals, odorless
3. REACTIVITY & CONDITIONS TO AVOID
Radioactive oxidizer. Do not use in contact with organic solvents.
Fire hazards: May cause fire or explosion if heated with organic matter or strong reducing agents.
Health hazards: Radiation hazard. Toxic if ingested.
Special precautions: Use rubber gloves and safety glasses (or face shield) while using.
4. FIRST AID
- Consult a physician.
- Move out of dangerous area.
- If breathed in, move person into fresh air.
- If not breathing, give artificial respiration.
- Consult a physician.
- Wash off with soap and plenty of water.
- Consult a physician.
Eye contact: Flush eyes with water as a precaution.
- Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person.
- Rinse mouth with water.
- Give water with milk of magnesia and induce vomiting. Get medical attention.
5. SPILLS & LEAKS
- Wash up quickly and thoroughly with water.
- Minor amounts may be disposed of through sewer system.
- Another disposal, use contract hauler.
6. STABILITY AND REACTIVITY
Chemical Stability: Stable under recommended storage conditions.
Possibility of Hazardous Reactions: No Data Available.
Incompatible Materials: Strong oxidizing agents.
7. EXPOSURE CONTROLS AND PERSONAL PROTECTION
Components with workplace control parameters:
Component CAS-No. Value Control parameters
13520-83-7 TWA 0.2 mg/m3 USA. ACGIH Threshold Limit Values (TLV)
Remarks Confirmed human carcinogen
TWA 0.05 mg/m3 USA. Occupational Exposure Limits
(OSHA) – Table Z-1 Limits for Air Contaminants TWA 0.05 ppm
USA. OSHA – TABLE Z-1 Limits for Air Contaminants – 1910.1000
STEL 0.6 mg/m3 USA. ACGIH Threshold Limit Values
Confirmed human carcinogen
Appropriate engineering controls:
Handle in accordance with good industrial hygiene and safety practice. Wash hands before breaks, and at the end of workday.
Personal Protective Equipment
Eye and face protection:
- Face shield and safety glasses.
- Use equipment for eye protection tested and approved under appropriate government standards such as NIOSH (US) or EN 166(EU).
- Handle with gloves.
- Gloves must be inspected prior to use.
- Use proper glove removal technique (without touching glove’s outer surface) to avoid skin contact with this product.
- Dispose of contaminated gloves after use in accordance with applicable laws and good laboratory practices.
- Wash and dry hands.
Body protection: Complete suit protecting against chemicals, the type of protective equipment must be selected according to the concentration and amount of the dangerous substance at the specific workplace.
Respiratory protection: Where risk assessment shows air-purifying respirators are appropriate use a full-face respirator with multipurpose combination (US), or type ABEK (EN 14387) respirator cartridges as a backup to engineering controls.
If the respirator is the sole means of protection, use a full-face supplied air respirator. Use respirators and components tested and approved under appropriate government standards such as NIOSH (US) or CEN (EU).
Control of environmental exposure:
- Prevent further leakage or spillage if safe to do so.
- Do not let product enter drains.
UN number: 2910
Proper Shipping Name: Radioactive material, excepted package-limited quantity of material.
Reportable Quantity (RQ): –
Hazard Class: 7
USCG CHRIS Code: RAD
9. FURTHER INFORMATION
IBI Labs expects that recipients of their material are in compliance with 29 CFR 1910.1200(h) which requires employers to provide employees with effective information and training on hazardous chemicals in their work area.
The information and recommendations set forth herein are presented in good faith and believed to be correct as of the revision date. However, recipients of this material should use this information only as a supplement to other information gathered by them and should make independent judgement of the suitability and accuracy of this information. IBI Labs will not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including but not limited to, loss of any kind whatsoever resulting from the use of the information provided in this Safety Data Sheet. IBI Labs expressly includes all warranties, expressed or implied, including warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose.
This information is furnished without warranty, and any use of the product not in conformance with this Safety Data Sheet, or in combination with any other product or process, is the responsibility of the user.