Revision Date: 01/25/2023
1. IDENTIFICATION OF THE SUBSTANCE AND COMPANY INFORMATION
Chemical Name: Uranyl Sodium Acetate
Other Names: Uranate(1-), tris(acetato-O,O’)dioxo-, sodium, (HB-8-22-111’1’1”1”) Sodium uranyl triacetate, of uranium depleted in uranium-235, Sodium uranyl triacetate (depleted).
CAS RN: [17712-38-8]
3495 N. Dixie Hwy. Unit # 8
Boca Raton, FL 33431
Tel: 561-826-0061 Fax: 561-892-8450
Emergency Telephone Numbers
USA & Canada contact number: 1-800-535-5053
International contact number: 1-352-323-3500
2. REGISTRY NUMBERS AND INVENTORIES
- NIH PubChem CID: 3734938 (SID)
- EC (EINECS/ELINCS): 241-714-4
- UN (DOT): 2909
- Beilstein/Gmelin: 6657 (G)
- Formula Mass: 471.15
- Density: 255 (12 °C)
- Solubility in Water: 46 g/L (20 °C)
- Refractive Index: 1.50033 (20 °C)
3. HAZARDS AND PROTECTION
- Secure and label area. Keep in a cool, dry, dark location in a tightly sealed container or cylinder.
- Keep away from incompatible materials, ignition sources, and untrained individuals.
- Protect containers and cylinders from physical damage.
- All chemicals should be considered hazardous, and direct physical contact must be avoided.
- Use appropriate, approved safety equipment.
- Untrained individuals should not handle this chemical or its container.
- Handling should occur in a chemical fume hood.
Protection: Wear appropriate protective gloves, clothing, and goggles.
Respirators: Wear positive pressure self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA).
Small spills and leaks:
- Do not touch damaged packages or spilled material.
- Cover liquid spill with sand, earth, or other noncombustible absorbent material.
- Cover powder spill with plastic sheet or tarp to minimize spreading.
- Contact radiation safety officer.
Presence of radioactive material will not influence the fire control processes and should not influence selection of techniques.
- Small fires: Dry chemical, carbon dioxide, water spray or regular foam.
- Large fires: Water spray, fog (flooding amounts).
Fire Potential: May burn but does not ignite readily.
Ingestion, Skin, and Eyes: See inhalation.
- Minimal risk if packaging remains intact.
- Package damage can result in a measurable release of radiation, but the risk is still low.
- Apply artificial respiration if patient is not breathing.
- Administer oxygen if breathing is difficult.
- See Ingestion.
Skin and eyes:
- Immediately flush with running water for at least 20 minutes.
- See Ingestion.
- Medical problems take priority over radiological concerns.
- Use first aid treatment according to the nature of the injury.
- Do not delay care and transport of a seriously injured person.
UN Number: 2909
Response Guide: 161
Hazard Class: 7
USCG CHRIS Code: RAD
Classification of substances with multiple hazards must be determined in accordance with the criteria presented in the regulations mentioned above. Due to the various quantities/combinations of materials being shipped at one time, the information above must be determined based on the characteristics of the specific shipment.
6. OTHER INFORMATION
IBI Labs expects that recipients of their material are in compliance with 29 CFR 1910.1200(h) which requires employers to provide employees with effective information and training on hazardous chemicals in their work area.
The information and recommendations set forth herein are presented in good faith and believed to be correct as of the revision date. However, recipients of this material should use this information only as a supplement to other information gathered by them and should make independent judgement of the suitability and accuracy of this information. IBI Labs will not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including but not limited to, loss of any kind whatsoever resulting from the use of the information provided in this Safety Data Sheet. IBI
Labs expressly includes all warranties, expressed or implied, including warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose.
This information is furnished without warranty, and any use of the product not in conformance with this Safety Data Sheet, or in combination with any other product or process, is the responsibility of the user.